2017 Rising Advocate in Government Law Award Nominations
NEW: The Government Law Section of the State Bar of Texas has announced that it will be presenting a new award: The Rising Advocate in Government Law Award. This award will recognize an outstanding government lawyer who has provided exemplary service to the profession and the public. The award honors a practicing lawyer employed by the government or employed in a government-law-related business who has made an outstanding contribution to government service and has done so for 10 years or less.
We would appreciate your help in recognizing the most deserving individual for this award. Please take a moment to nominate someone that you know who deserves this recognition. The award will be presented at the State Bar of Advanced Government Law Course, to be held in July, 2017 in Austin, Texas.
The nominee should exemplify the ideals of dedication, professionalism, and ethics in service that have benefited the public or a governmental entity. These factors may include:
- excellence as an attorney, advisor, or advocate;
- training or education to the public or bar;
- involvement in a difficult or important case that advanced a government policy or public purpose;
- service to charitable or non-profit entities connected to government law;
- advocacy on issues or legislation of importance to the public sector; and/or
- service as a mentor or role model for government lawyers.
The deadline for nominations is April 21, 2017.